This is an update on the clone experiment that I blogged about HERE






I did some clones with just tap water, some with tap/aloe water, and some that I soaked in an aloe filet overnight and transferred to soil in the morning.

The clones in aloe/tap water looked like they had healthier foliage than the clones in straight tap water..









 

Front- Soaking in Aloe- greener leaves. Back- Soaking in tap water- more yellow leaves

Front- Soaking in Aloe- greener leaves. Back- Soaking in tap water- more yellow leaves







BUT…the roots in the tap water were longer and whiter. Two rooted…

 

















he clones that were soaking in Aloe/Tap water had shorter roots and they weren’t as bright white…3 rooted but not long enough to transfer yet.









 

The clone that I let soak in aloe overnight then transferred to soil the next morning seemed to be the healthiest with the longest roots. I started with 4 of these but I made the mistake of using a humidity dome that was too small and the others dried out and died overnight. I thought this one would die too because it looked so bad but she came back in full force!

Soaked in aloe filet overnight. Transferred to soil in AM. Healthiest.

In conclusion, I think I will try the overnight filet tech again. I’m not sure if it was the soaking in the filet or the fact that I put them in soil right away. I’ll try another experiment where I soak a bunch in the filet overnight then I’ll put some of those in soil and some in tap water. I’ll also try taking clones and putting them straight in soil without the filet.

Experimenting is fun!

I have three transplanted now..

Much Love,
Herbal Visionz